Thank you for choosing your new home with Green Ivy Realty & Property Management! We are excited to work with you on securing your new home, and we’re happy to answer any questions you may have about our application process. Please follow the instructions below to complete the application.
- Anyone over the age of 18 is REQUIRED to fill out their own application and pay a $40 application fee. Application fees are nonrefundable.
- An application for a property is only considered complete once we receive all applications, $40 application fee (per person), and first month’s rent check.
- Application fees can be cash, credit/debit card or check, but must be separate from the first month’s rent check. All checks must be made payable to Green Ivy Realty. Checks, cash, and applications can be dropped off at our office on 1818 W Belmont through our mailbox slot on our front door.
- First month’s rent and any other rental payments can be in the form of cash, check or direct debit and cannot be processed with a credit/debit card, only application fees can be paid with a credit/debit card. First month’s rent will be deposited or processed after an application is approved and before a lease is signed.
- If you require a cosigner they will also need to fill out their own application and pay a $40 application fee. Co-signers are REQUIRED to have residency in Illinois.
- Please fill out ONLY THE TOP HALF of the Income Verification and Landlord Reference Forms. Green Ivy will independently send these forms to your employer & landlord and they will fill out bottom half.
- If you have access to paystubs please include 3 recent pay stubs with your application.
- All Green Ivy properties come “AS-IS”. Requests for painting, professional cleaning, or cosmetic alterations are REQUIRED to be made at time of application and approved before a lease is signed.
- Security deposits are equal to one month’s rent and are due when you take possession of the property or when you pick up keys at our office. They are REQUIRED to be in certified funds…either Cash, Cashier’s Check or Money Order that are made payable to “Green Ivy Realty”.
- Pet fees are $200 per pet and are due at time of lease signing.
- Additional fees or deposits may apply depending on the property, please confirm with your agent or an employee of Green Ivy Realty for any additional fees.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What happens if there are multiple applications? If we receive multiple applications for the unit, we will be contacting all applicants and asking for their highest and best offer on the unit. It is our legal obligation to share with the owner any and all applications we receive up until we have a signed lease agreement.
When is my first month’s rent deposited? Your first month’s rent is deposited only AFTER your application is approved and a lease signing has been scheduled.
What happens if my application is rejected? Green Ivy will return your first month’s rent check or shred the check, depending on your preference. All application fees are nonrefundable.
Does Green Ivy re-paint or clean the property before I move in? No, all of our properties come “as-is” unless agreed otherwise. You can submit requests for painting, professional cleaning, carpet cleaning, etc under the “ADDITIONAL REQUESTS” section on the application. All requests MUST be made in writing and submitted at the time of application and approved by the owner.
The undersigned hereby makes an application to rent the following property: