Wash Away Those Winter Blues With These Spring Cleaning Tips!
When the weather turns warm, it is a great time to plan for a “spring cleaning” around your residence. Take the time to clean out from winter and review any necessary maintenance. Here is a list of steps you can take to chase away winter and brighten your home.
- Test your smoke alarm – it’s an important safety item. If necessary, replace the batteries and if the smoke detector still does not work, call us immediately.
- It’s time to trim lawns and weed flower beds, as well as clearing out any winter debris – dead leaves, animal droppings, trash, or any other items that are unsightly.
- It’s particularly important to remove any debris away from the immediate exterior of your residence to promote fire safety during the hotter months of the year.
- If you still have not taken down holiday lights and decorations, do so now and store properly.
- If your rental contract indicates you are not responsible for gardening, it is still important to report any lack of maintenance to us so that we can assist you.
- Be sure to keep shrubs trimmed to clear walkways and prevent accidents.
- Report any problems with tree roots immediately.
- Watch gutters for clogging, overflow, and poor drainage. If you need assistance, notify us.
- Avoid letting water accumulate in pots or containers, such as animal dishes – this can lead to problems with mosquitoes and other pests.
- If water accumulates, and will not drain either inside or outside, please notify us immediately.
- Dispose of any toxic waste properly, such as motor oil, batteries, etc. Do not put toxic waste in garbage receptacles.
- Clean your garbage can, and at all times, keep the lid secure to avoid unwanted pests or animals. Then, always store your garbage receptacle properly.
- Keep any receptacles for pet food or water clean to avoid attracting unwanted pets or animals as well.
- Clean your windows both inside and out. Wipe the inside and outside of doors.
- Clean door and window tracks so that they keep working properly. Report any maintenance needed for locks or operation. This is important for your safety.
- Check all outside lights for proper operation. If after replacing a light bulb, the light still does not work, request a maintenance order.
- If you have air-conditioning in your home, turn it on to see if it operates properly and if not, report it before hot weather arrives.
- Replace all air-conditioning and furnace filters. Clogged filters will only prevent the unit from working properly and can increase your energy bill.
We hope these small tips help you create a clean and happy home! If you have any maintenance questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us – we’re here to help you!